Friday, March 8, 2013

Psycho Twink

























































When I got to the party, I noticed him immediately. Of course I was attracted to him, but even if I had been twenty years younger, I assumed I wouldn’t have a chance. He was dressed in expensive clothes, and he was surrounded by young, hip friends. This kid was obviously used to fast cars and cocktails in the bars of posh hotels.

We crossed paths about a half hour later. He caught me looking at him, so I had to say something. I didn’t want him to think I was so far out of the game that I was afraid to even speak to him.

“Shouldn’t you be home in bed with your teddy bear?”

One side of his mouth turned up, and he tilted his head slightly. I had wanted to make him laugh, but instead I had succeeded in annoying him.

“Ah, you’re being condescending about my age. You’re the fifth one this evening.”

“Sorry about that.”

He shook his head in a way that suggested it didn’t really matter, that I didn’t really matter, and walked off.

Much to my surprise, he came back and handed me a drink. I said, “Thank you.” I did it in an over the top, groveling way that probably made me sound desperate, which I was, but I didn’t want him to know that.

He laughed at me a little and said, “Drink that fast.”

“Why?”

He sighed and said, “Because I’m bored with this party. I want to go home. And I was thinking, if you’re amenable, you could come with me. You could be my teddy bear tonight.”

“Really?” Again, I sounded much too desperate and incredulous.

“Drink up,” he said with a smile. “And stop being a goof, or I might change my mind.”

I swallowed the tall rum and Coke in about three gulps.

My head was spinning a little by the time we got to the street. I thought it was because of the alcohol, but when I got in his car, I passed out.

The next morning, I came to and found I was hogtied and gagged. And I was on the floor of the old factory building outside of town. I bucked against the ropes and yelled, but it was no use.

The young man was close by. When he heard me struggling, he looked down at me in a curious way and said, “Good, you’re awake. Now the real fun begins.” 

Model: Konstantin Vesnin
Photographer: Alexander Deviatchenko

Fictional short story by Gary Cottle

 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment