Sunday, December 1, 2013

I don't consider anyone who claims to be an authority on what any god "wants" or "thinks" to be an actual authority.  As far as I'm concerned, those who claim to be authorities are merely human beings who don't know any more than anyone else.  I don't know if they're intentionally fooling their followers or if they've actually drank their own Kool-Aid, but I'm not buying it.
 
I think life is a mystery, and my life comes down to me trying to figure it out and doing the best that I can.  I might listen to the thoughts, concerns and advice of others, but ultimately, I'm the one who has to decide for myself, and I know that I don't know what any god "thinks" or "wants".

For whatever reason, I am powerfully attracted to members of my own sex.  Even though I have extreme social phobia and PTSD and I've not had sex with anyone for years and I've never had a boyfriend, those feelings still give me a lot of joy.  They make me feel alive.  I'm not forsaking them.  I'm not going to try to forsake them.  And I've never heard any good reason as to why I should.
 
Those feelings are what I have, and trying to smother them or stamp them out would seem as mindless and stupid as mowing over a field of wildflowers because some idiot told me that denying myself their beauty would somehow make me a better person.       

No comments:

Post a Comment