Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Bible and Homosexuality: Why I Left College and Spent Two Years Finding Out What the Scriptures Really Say (VIDEO)

The Bible and Homosexuality: Why I Left College and Spent Two Years Finding Out What the Scriptures Really Say (VIDEO)


___________________

The other day a friend posted this link on Facebook, and he noted that many of the responses, both pro and con, were interesting and worth reading. I had a look and discovered he was right. For instance, one smug person compared Matthew Vines to a supposedly lowly plowboy who thinks he might have something of importance to say regarding theology simply because he can read the Bible. This person went on to add the tradition of interpretation and the Talmud needed to be considered. I immediately thought to myself, I suppose any plowboy can read the Talmud and conclude he has something of importance to say about theology, too. So many people claim to have all the answers, and they can be so condescending if you disagree or doubt them. Many claim that you’re wayward, selfish, disobedient to God if you don’t accept what they tell you. And, of course, the preaching is often followed up by threats of eternal damnation if you don’t comply. All of it seems like a great big boatload of ego to me. I just get so tired of it. If there is a god, and if said god really did assign this army of assholes the task of revealing divine truth to the rest of us, then I’d rather be a heathen.    

No comments:

Post a Comment