Saturday, January 12, 2013

I am who I am.

Someone actually felt the need to send me this message yesterday:
"You Posted A Nude Studio Shot Of A Young Indian(?) Male.
If He Did Not Have Faint Traces Of Body Hair- I Almost Mistook Him To Be A Minor....
WE All Are Gay Men But Not Pedophiles.
Lest Not Get Confused With Them By The BREEDERS, Fundamentalists, be they christian jew or moslem and the mormons, "Jesus Flew Here On A Rocket Ship To Convert The Indigenous Americans"…”


Needless to say, this person has been blocked. He won’t be bothered with any more pictures from me that show only “faint traces of body hair.” If others out there doesn't like some of the pictures I post, please don’t look at them.  Stop visiting the site.  Whatever. But please be advised that I’m not going to change, and I’m not going to apologize for liking what I like and being who I am. I’m not going to be bullied by anyone’s ridiculous suggestion that I’m a predator because some of the men I find attractive are young, boyish, smooth, not traditionally masculine and don’t have large muscles. I know that I’m not a predator. I’ve not even had sex in almost 20 years. I’ve never had sex with anyone significantly older or younger than myself. And I would not knowingly post a picture that I believed to be illegal. I am not stupid. I don’t need to be lectured about the law. I don’t need to be lectured about how beauty is only skin deep. I don’t need to be lectured about how I might one day fall in love with some hairy old guy with a wart on the end of his nose. And I’m very much aware that my taste is my own and that others don’t necessarily share it.

Some of us go for the hairy, muscular, traditionally masculine football players. I tend to go for the thin, slightly girlish young man wearing the pink shirt. If this troubles you, that’s your problem.

By the way, I have no idea what Jesus on a rocket ship has to do with anything. And as for the derogatory reference to “breeders,” some of my best friends are parents with partners of the opposite sex. They are sometimes more supportive than the gay men that I encounter…not to mention more intelligent.

No comments:

Post a Comment