Sunday, June 9, 2013

I don’t like it when people approach me and pretend to be interested in a friendly chat, only to reveal that they’re looking for an opportunity to tell me about their religious beliefs. It makes me feel used, like their not even seeing me as a real person. Some Christians act like their fellow human beings are like fish to be caught and dragged back to their church. I think it’s akin to what some men do who go through life looking for sexual conquests. They’re not really interested in the people they put the moves on. They just want to have sex with them and move on to the next one.

Some Christians are caught up in the prideful idea that they already know everything and they’re okay, and you’re not going to be okay until you believe what they believe. They don’t appreciate people as individuals with experiences, insights and beliefs of their own. They just go about trying to collect them. Apparently whoever has the biggest collection wins a special prize.

I don’t think it’s just LGBT people who have a problem with Christians who do that. I think being treated and reduced to a potential catch turns a lot of people off. I think if you care about someone and if you’re really interested in them, you don’t initiate contact with them with the intention of changing them or with the condescending attitude that you know everything and they don’t know anything unless they agree with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment