Friday, July 19, 2013

If I ever had a kid, I’m sure I’d share what I think about a great many things, but I hope I would have the humility to make it clear over and over again that I’m sharing my opinions and not facts. I wouldn’t want to fill the kid’s head with a lot of junk, put a bow on it, and claim the things I’ve said are sacred because what the hell do I know?

There’s a million philosophies out there. People have been trying to figure out life for a very long time. Many have come up with some interesting ideas, but nobody has made a cohesive and comprehensive statement about life that everyone can agree on or readily accept.

That makes me wonder about something, if there is a spiritual truth to be had, can it really be contained and conveyed using language?  I suspect that if anything like a god is real, it is billions of times larger than any religion or anyone’s personal beliefs or experiences.

I wonder if we really need to talk about it so much. I wonder if we need to put labels on everything and try to define everything, especially things that are beyond our comprehension, and what sort of god wouldn’t be beyond our comprehension?

I also think it’s best if we let kids learn and experience the world and come to their own conclusions.

No comments:

Post a Comment