Thursday, January 16, 2014

It's good being gay.

I was shamed. I was made to feel like an outcast, a weirdo, a freak, worthless and unwanted. I was made to feel afraid. But from the moment puberty hit and I realized I was attracted to members of my own sex at age 11, I knew in the depths of my being that my attraction was a good thing. My attraction made me feel alive. Being sexually excited was a thrill. Experiencing crushes was a thrill. Wanting to spend time with certain boys was a thrill. Adoring the Hardy Boys was a thrill. I was awake and connected to this world at last. It made everything burn brighter. I liked this world, and one of the reasons I liked it was because it had people in it I thought were beautiful, sexy, funny, alluring and sweet, and those people just happened to be members of my own sex. I have no patience with those who say it’s wrong or that I should resist this natural urge that has been such a positive force in my life because of dogma they learned at church. While growing up, I heard the things the preachers said about boys like me. They didn’t know what the hell they were talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment