Saturday, March 8, 2014

Falling For a Straight Boy

































He put his arms around his friend on the pretext of steadying him, but the moment he did it, he knew he had gone too far. He knew he had given himself away, and he was suddenly filled with fear. He looked at his friend pleadingly. He hoped that his friend would take pity on him and not be angry. He couldn’t help it that he was in love.

His friend lowered his camera and turned to him. At first he couldn’t read the expression on his friend’s face. Was he shocked? Was he disgusted? Would his friend tell him he never wanted to see him again?

Finally, his friend grinned and mussed his hair. He playfully said, “Get your hands off me, you perv.”

His friend then reminded him that he had to get going because he had a date with a girl later.

This, of course, felt like a kick to the stomach. Who had he been fooling? He never even had a chance.

Then his friend said, “I’ll call you tomorrow. Maybe we can do something.”

“So we’re still friends?”

“Sure we are. I can deal with it if you can. I might even let you kiss me next New Year’s Eve. …but you’ll probably find out I’m a complete jerk by then.”

Subjects and photographer unknown.
Little fictional story by me.


No comments:

Post a Comment