Saturday, July 19, 2014

The Raven's Sepulcher by Gary Cottle




























Allison, a teenage girl, is sent to live with her grandmother in a secluded colonial farmhouse in New England. After finding a chapel in the attic and a mysterious old cemetery behind the house, she learns that her family is connected to a secret and ancient cult, and she must decide if she will accept the barbaric practices and beliefs of this cult or risk her life by declaring her independence from her family.

Now available at Amazon and Smashwords.

This story began as a recurring daydream I had back in the early 1990s after reading an article in the WVU student newspaper about a mysterious room found in the attic of one of the older dorms. I started working on an outline around 1995, I guess, and then I wrote a first draft in the late ‘90s. That was right after my head surgeries. I was only 31, but I no longer believed I had all the time in the world, and I wrote The Raven’s Sepulcher with a kind of feverish intensity. I tried to say everything I needed and wanted to say in this book before it was too late.

There are elements of this story that are dark, disturbing and macabre, but ultimately, it’s a story about liberation and self-acceptance.

No comments:

Post a Comment