Saturday, March 31, 2012

In an alternate universe, I am about to graduate from high school, and this will be my prom date.


In an alternate universe, I am about to graduate from high school, and this will be my prom date. We’ll go in his older brother’s pickup, and we’ll stay out all night talking about our plans for the future. By the time the morning sun illuminates the rising fog, we will have made a great many important decisions. We’re going to hike the Appalachian Trail in the summer, we’ll go to college, we’ll travel, become school teachers, get married, buy a nice little house and when we’re about 25 or so, we’ll think about having kids of our own.

Every time I kiss him, I'll remember the way he looked in his white suit the night we decided to spend the rest of our lives together.

No comments:

Post a Comment