Sunday, August 5, 2012

Meet Me Down By The River































"This note may come as a shock to you, but I just can’t hold back any more. By saying what I have to say, I will give you the power to turn me into an outcast. You can tell everyone at school. You can tell my parents. I can’t stop you, and I know my life will be hell if you do reveal my secret. But I’m willing to risk it for you, for the slight chance that maybe you feel the same way about me as I feel about you. I hope you understand what I mean when I say I like you more than most guys like their buddies. You’re more than just a friend to me. And I would like to spend more time with you, just the two of us. Please meet me down by the river on Sunday afternoon. I’ll bring food and wine. All you have to do is show up. I’ll understand if you don’t come. I’ll be heartbroken, but I’ll understand. But I want you to come. Please come. You’ll make me so happy if you do."

Photographer and subject unknown
Fictional little story by Gary Cottle

No comments:

Post a Comment