Monday, April 22, 2013

Yeah, me, too. But I don't know how to stop. I've hated my body ever since I was a teenager. I'm short, and I was a little soft in the middle, but I believed that I was fat and unattractive. I found it hard to believe that anyone would be interested in me. This made it difficult for me to take care of my body because I didn't value it. In a way, I felt betrayed by it. I was sure I was supposed to look like those slimmer models from Bel Ami. What happened? Some times I don't even want to go outside because I don't want anyone to see me. I feel repulsive most of the time. I know I shouldn't feel this way. I know it's irrational, counter productive, but I can't seem to switch it off.

1 comment:

  1. In this world there are many differences, and what counts is having a kind and loving soul. No, we can'all be Belami actors or Andrew Christian models. And we all need love and tenderness in our lives. So keep your body healthy and cease hating it. Self-acceptance is only rational:you have to live with your body all your life, so you could as well get used to it.

    ReplyDelete