Wednesday, March 27, 2013

If a restricted country club decides not to be restricted anymore, that’s not going to change how longtime members use the place. They can go on playing golf, enjoying cocktails at the bar, having dinner in the dining room, playing tennis and swimming in the pool. It won’t change anyone’s fundamental definition of a country club…unless you’re a bigot who thinks a country club is a place to get away from black people and Jews. If that’s the case, then I guess you’re just shit out of luck.

And apropos of nothing, I wanted to add that I really don’t know why Eugene’s mom insisted that he call that awful Johnny person his friend, but that didn’t change how I felt about my own friends. I don’t think it changed how Eugene felt about his real friends. Eugene’s mom was just weird. She got marriage equality mixed up with forcing people to do stuff they don’t want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment