Wednesday, January 21, 2015

...and the horse they rode in on.

It makes sense to me to talk to friends and family who are genuinely confused and misinformed about gender and sexuality. But I think there are some people who are so viciously bigoted that we do ourselves a disservice by appealing to them. That gives the impression that we need them. And I think some LGBT people actually do think we need them. I think some actually think that haters from groups like FOTF, AFA and FRC really are “God’s people” and that if they can’t be convinced that they’re wrong about us, then maybe we really are bad.

As for appealing to such groups for the sake of the kids… I think LGBT youth need to know that many adults do not buy the claim from the haters that they represent a god. I think they need to know that many of us believe that they do not have to respect all adults and that some adults are stupid and disgusting and that they have every right to give some adults the finger. Hey, kids, Focus on the Family doesn’t approve of you. Fuck them and the horse they rode in on.

No comments:

Post a Comment