Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The Wall

I believe that this nation is rooted in the promise of liberty, including religious liberty. I think we should all be free to decide for ourselves what we believe, and if a citizen decides that they have no faith and no reason to believe in anything spiritual or if they choose not to associate with any organized religion or claim to know any god that should be just as acceptable as participating in the most popular forms of religious expression. I believe the last thing this country needs are elected officials from the president on down thinking their official duties have anything to do with their religious beliefs or using their status as public officials as platforms to speak of or spread their religious beliefs. If I think I am in need of a priest or a minister, I will look one up. I do not need the president or a senator or any other elected official to tell me about their god any more than I would need a plumber to pray over my pipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment