Monday, March 9, 2015

The Other Side of the Pitchforks

Sometimes I am hyperaware that many simply don’t like me. Many would scold me, belittle me and harass me if given the chance. Some would physically harm me, jail me, banish me or even kill me. Sometimes the awareness of the hate is so intense that it becomes oppressive. Sometimes it even results in physical symptoms like acid indigestion and diarrhea.

I know that there is no one in the world who is really safe from this kind of judgment. No matter who you are or how well respected you are in your own community, there are multitudes somewhere in the world who would gladly rip you apart and think of themselves as righteous while doing it.

That is the kind of world we live in. Human beings are quick to judge the hell out of each other…often without thinking. They often give themselves over to a herd mentality and join angry mobs. The mob may give us comfort until we find ourselves on the other side of the pitchforks.

No comments:

Post a Comment