Saturday, March 21, 2015

True Friends

Everybody needs to vent now and then, and good friends will sometimes allow one another to simply go on for a bit without interruption. But I have encountered more than a few who simply show little or no interest in what I think and feel. When I’m around them, they share their opinions without showing the slightest concern for mine. If I try to share my thoughts, they will generally cut me off.

If a person repeatedly treats me in this way, I have come to the conclusion that it’s pointless to argue or tell them how they’re using me like a sounding board to boost their own ego. They obviously don’t care much about me or they would want to know what it’s like to look out at the world through my eyes. I think it’s best to minimize contact with such people, or cut them out of your life completely. Don’t say things your regret. No need for angry words or explanations. Just walk away from them or ignore them. There are true friends out there who are interested in you and honest dialogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment