Thursday, February 7, 2013

Humility, It's Not Just For Breakfast Anymore

Lots and lots of people were told that being gay is a sin while they were growing up, but only some spread the shit that was taught to them. It’s one thing to believe something that’s harmful because Mommy and Daddy and the preacher man said so, but it’s another to teach it to someone else.

I’ve noticed that Christians are often very forgiving of other Christians who lead people astray in the name of their religion. This seems to only feed the cycle of fake wisdom, followed by harm and more fake wisdom. I have never heard so many unsubstantiated beliefs stated as incontrovertible facts as when I’m around Christians. I personally think that it’s high time for the overwhelming majority of Christians the world over STFU and eat some humble pie. (That probably goes for those who aren’t Christian, too.) They need to stop telling people that they know things that they clearly do not know just because they have faith. Just because you think you know something does not mean that you do. People are listening, and if you lead someone over a cliff, they’re going to fall right along with you.


I will not deceive, not even myself; and with that we stand on the ground of morality.” --Friedrich Nietzsche
“I know nothing but of my own ignorance.” --Socrates

No comments:

Post a Comment