Saturday, April 11, 2015

History Lessons

The other day, I came across a picture blog filled with country images…country roads, barns, barnyard animals, country food, farm houses and cute country boys. Of course, I went through the blog trolling for pictures to share and found quite a few. As I did this, I discovered that the blog was owned by a randy young woman in her early 20s who really likes the men folk, especially if they’re cute and sweet. She posted photos of One Direction, the guys on Teen Wolf and, surprisingly, out gay U.K. diver Tom Daley. I thought this country girl and I might get along famously if we ever met. But then she posted a photo of the Confederate flag with the caption, “If this offends you, you need a history lesson.” I thought about how this girl is young and probably much more in need of a history lesson than me, so I skipped over the flag and went on to pictures of chickens, horses and smiling young guys wearing cowboy boots and hats. Then I noticed the young woman had posted a comment. I read it and discovered she used the “n” word.

No comments:

Post a Comment